Thursday, December 3, 2009

Have you ever been stung by a bumble bee?

I am still not sure if they sting. Has anyone here ever been stung, and is sure that it was a bumble bee that did it? How bad does it hurt, and can you compare the pain to the pain of other stings?





Also, do bumble bees have a queen?Have you ever been stung by a bumble bee?
Ouch, gosh, yes, let me tell you about it.


I had oil of jasmine on (never again!), was DRIVING and in slow traffic a bee came right in my window, landed on my chest (just below collarbone) and stung me. It felt like the dull hard thump of a hammer with a sharp pin prick in the middle.


The bee lost his guts for that, the sting throbbed %26amp; hurt bad.Have you ever been stung by a bumble bee?
Yes, I have been stung by a bumble bee once and was hospitalized. If you have an allergy to bee stings, bumblebees are the worst because the stinger comes off and keeps pumping poison into your system, unlike hornets who have to sting repeatedly. Yes, you know it's a bumblebee because the stinger will still be there. Bumblebees die after they lose their stinger, so they pretty much don't sting unless they perceive you are attacking the hive.





Yes, bumblebees have a queen.
When I was stung by a bee I knew it because I had to pull the stinger out of my foot thought this is not always the case. The area will swell up very soon after you are stung. It hurts a lot but not enough to hysterically cry for most. The pain is like a shot, pretty quick after you take out the stinger. The throbbing of the area adds some pain too though. You can get sting cream, etc. at your local pharmacy or ask your doctor. Hope this helps.
yes, i have been stung a couple times, when I was younger. it doesn't really hurt, perse...but it does itch. and the more you scratch it, the more it stings, it looks like a mosquito bite but turns wherever you were stung red. its a little worse then getting a needle. but hurts less than getting stabbed with a thumbtack.


and uhmm, yes they have a queen.
I've been stung by bumble bees alot in my life.





once when i was in kindergarten or the 1st grade near my left eye.





once when i was in grade 5. it stung me right at the top of my head. (i hit the hive with a ball by accident)





once in grade 6. Me and some friends were chasing this BIG bumble bee. it was about half the size of my palm. yeah it was huge.


we were bored so we started chasing it and caught it in a bottle. we had to wait for my friend to find a bottle cap cuz we found the bottle on the ground so i held the top of the bottle with my hand so it wouldnt escape so the bee stung my hand and it hurt alot.





ive been stung some more times but i forgot when lol.
Um, I got stung by 2 bees and a black fly. It does hurt for a while like you got a couple needles stabbed in you. I think hornets hurt worse. I did get stung by a regular hornet once also. And there are queen bees. I've seen one. They are really big. Black fly's hurt bad but not a bad as others.
No, I have never been stung by a bumble bee, but they do have stingers. And they do have a queen too. It feels just like any other sting. A hard pinch. They say the honey bee sting hurts a little bit worse than a bumble bee, but not by much.





I hope this helped.
yes they can sting you, and yes they have a queen. the sting feels like a wasp sting, and you shout remove the stinger asap. after a bee stings you, the bee will die.
No,nvr been stung by a bumblebee


but a really big ant once


landed on my face and gv me a


big sloppy smooch,on my lips.


It freakin hurts,that's for sure.





I'm not sure,bt i think they shuld hv a queen.
Nope never been stung by a bee :D whenever I see one i just run lol. Im afraid of bees Dx Even though my name means bee or something like that o.o and they do have a queen. She lays all the bees in the hive.
Yes .. they sting .. and it hurts like a wasp sting.





Stings are different to different people .. especially with allegic reactions.





I don't know if they have a queen or not .. but I would think that they do.
A bumble bee sting hurts trust me. I was stung when I was about 7. Compared to a wasp sting which I had later in life the bee sting was 5 times worse.
Yes it sucks so bad it gets swollin and really itchy if u were to compare to other stings it's pretty weak but it still huts like hell. And if there stinger gets stuck in u it hurts even more.
yes i have they rarely sting but they do! they need a reason to.


i was seven so of course it hurt reallly bad but.
i only had i bee sting when i was 3 on my face and i cried i think
feels like someone pinching you hard. the worse part of the bite is the venom that gets pushed into your body. makes the bite burning hot and itchy
it hurts but the best thing I know to alleviate the pain is wet tobacco or mud.
Yes





-and-





Yes
no i have never been stung!


and yes they have queens.





from my knowledge, it does hurt a bit.
Yep =) When I was little me and my friends would try to catch them because there were different colors!!
Yes, they sting!
No I haven't been stung yet. (Knock on wood)





Yes, they do have a queen bee
You mean like the Transformer?
no
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse