Thursday, December 3, 2009

How do you get rid of bumble bees around your home or shed?

Its slow but kinda fun.





A BB gun.How do you get rid of bumble bees around your home or shed?
mikel seems to be very confused about his bees,,, only the small ';honey'; bees make honey,, the large black ones that bore holes in the walls do not,, those holes are to lay their eggs!! plug the holes and if possible paint all the wooden parts around ';BLUE';,, this color seems to confuse these bees or give them a headache,, cause they will soon be gone from there...How do you get rid of bumble bees around your home or shed?
I have a friend who has many many be hives and sells honey. Big operation, he's been in the business a long while and he uses a paddle and swats them, those big bumble bees that bore 3/8'; holes in the wood on your house. Not very high tech or scientific but it gets the job done.





I use spray myself.
I don't know of any humane way to get them to move out other than nailing them with a hose (from a distance) until they decide to move on. You may have to kill them with a spray from your local garden center.
My experience is with the Black Bumble Bee. I put steel wool into the Little openings they make in and around where they seem to be concentrating. I have done this and it worked well. I would suggest placing the steel wool in the evening hrs when the heat of the day is over and the bees are less active. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse