Thursday, December 3, 2009

I have bumble bees swarming my patio. They will not let us on it without being stung! How do you rid of them?

There are no nests present, but being tis the season of spring I'm assuming that's why they are out in swarms. These ones are huge and aggressive. I';m wondering if there is some sort of spray or something to put out there as they are holding the area hostage!I have bumble bees swarming my patio. They will not let us on it without being stung! How do you rid of them?
Sounds like carpenter bees to me, which look like bumble bees, but they have a smooth rear end. They like to bore into wood to lay their eggs. Quite a pest. You should call a professional exterminator. That's the safest bet.I have bumble bees swarming my patio. They will not let us on it without being stung! How do you rid of them?
carpenter bees , not bumbles.... and the ones buzzing around don't have stingers , so they can't sting.... the females are the ones chewing holes in the house or wood railings and they can sting, but usually don't, since they're inside the nest hole most of the time....





they are good for pollenating the flowers so don't go poison happy....





to clear the area, bring out the badmitton raquet and get you some exercise.....





carpenter bees....





http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/20鈥?/a>





bumblebees have fuzzy butts... carpenters have smooth black butts.....





bumble...


http://www.laspilitas.com/wildlife/2005_鈥?/a>





bumbles would be digging a hole in the ground, so it's not them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse