Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where have all the bumble bees gone?

I think I've only seen around 2 this year!!! I miss the little fluffy bundles.Where have all the bumble bees gone?
There has been a viral infection that severely effected bees. The pathogen was identified within a year or so from the time they identified the downturn in the population. This story has caused a lot of panicky headlines and the attention in the media might possibly help with raising funds for finding a cure.Where have all the bumble bees gone?
I havn't seen many at all! I love them! They just look so jolly and bumbley! Not like the mean old wasps! Grr argh to them!





BRING BACK THE BEE!
proberly atlantic its warmer than england.
I am lucky enough to have a small community of them in a stable that I have.They share it with swallows.
It could well be down to the cold/wet summer weather. I've hardly seen any wasps either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse