Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want to turn my ultimate bumble bee transformer car into a remote control car- any web sites? or tips ?

I don't know that much about electronics but am a quick learner, are there any web sites (I've looked - but not thoroughly) or means to do this?? I have to note it might be harder than a normal RC car as he transformers... Just thought it would be way cool if i could turn him into a remote control car... !! but he doesn't have to transform remotely ! that would take like an Einstienen toy/engineer to do!I want to turn my ultimate bumble bee transformer car into a remote control car- any web sites? or tips ?
Unlike the first person, I am here to help you.


I Googled [building a rc car]


Search result page that came up:


http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;q=bui鈥?/a>





This the first offering there, Covers basics with some tutorials:





Build an RC Car or Truck - DIY Radio Controlled Cars and Trucks From a kit or buy your own parts and plans, building your own RC car or truck can be the ultimate thrill for the RC modeler. Find plans, instructions ...


http://rcvehicles.about.com/od/diycars/B鈥?/a>





Another, several pages of tips:


Build Your Own RC Car Build your own kits are complex and time consuming, but when it comes time for maintenance and repairs, nothing compares to knowing your RC car from the ...


http://www.rccarssite.com/buildrccars.ht鈥?/a>





Take a look around on some of the other Websites on the search result page for more ideas.





Please don't take this as a burst your bubble comment.


In my opinion, fitting everything that you will need into your Transformer Car is going to be a major engineering feat.


I am a Gadget Freak, not an engineer, I believe that I could do what you propose. Just some thoughts:


(1) The car, when modified, would probably not be a Transformer any more, but I could live with that.


(2) I would start with simple modifications on something else, until I was confident with working with the electronics, servo motors, etc.


(3) Possibly buy a kit, assemble it, play around with it and then attempt the Transformer Car modification.


(4) Never give up, and never let someone tell you that what you want to do can not be done.


Some of the nicest pleasures I have had are the results of applying my Gadget Freak Gene to a project.


Wingman

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse