Thursday, December 3, 2009

Is no one concerned about the endangerment of our bumble bees and honey bees.?

our bees are disapearing. they are our gardeners can anyone tell me what the uk is doing to preserve them.Is no one concerned about the endangerment of our bumble bees and honey bees.?
With everything going on in the world at present I must confess I haven't had many sleepless nights worrying about blOOdy bees!!Is no one concerned about the endangerment of our bumble bees and honey bees.?
YES! Honeybees are essential to our survival. They pollinate fruits and vegetable crops and keep plant reproducing.





Long Live honeybees!
I read it was mobile 'phone masts. Whatever it is it's a disaster .. no more bees bumbling around the flowers?
I saw one news article that said cell phone use might be to blame. The bees get confused by the signals and get lost, can't return to their hive. I don't know what the scientific basis is, since anything can be reported as news here in the U.S...
I dont think the government in the UK is doing anything about this. all that is being done is by the Beekeepers themselves, if you want to help, make sure you plant plenty of flowers so they can collect their pollen.
In Germany we have a natural garden society, and they have tips on how to encourage ground nesting bees and bumble bees to nest in your garden. These are all solitary insects, they do not build a hive and live in a colony like other honey bees. It is something each one of us can do, if we have a small patch of ground.





http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/hortnews/鈥?/a>


http://www.nhm.ac.uk/research-curation/p鈥?/a>
There's probably groups out there of some sort doing what they can to save them. It would be a great shame if they disappeared, summer wouldn't be summer without them. It's wasps I'd like to see the back of.





Could it have anything to do with climate change also?
I hope wasps disappear. I hate them buzzing around at pub gardens, or picnics, etc. they are so annoying
I've read several articles on this. It seems that we lost half of our honeybees twice in the past 30 years and their population came back. Scientists don't know what is causing their decline this time, so I'm not sure what we could be expected to do!
I haven't got a big enough garden or enough cash to start my own honey making business, but I'd love to. I live on the out skirts of the city near the countryside, and I've planted loads of fruit trees, and different flowers and have attracted loads of bubble/honey bees, and this has attracted loads of other stuff, like birds, squirrels %26amp; cats. So as you may imagine, its a pretty lively garden. Its like having a real life viva pin谩ta garden!!! Try to cut out wifi signals apparently this kills or repels bees, not sure which one, you'll have to look it up... ps for anyone who thinks that wifi will do the same to the pesty wasp.... sorry it only effects the bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse