Thursday, December 3, 2009

My guinea pig has bumble foot (pretty much a growth on it's foot). What good vet should I go to?

Every vet I call: ';Sorry ma'am, we don't see guinea pigs here, just cats and dogs.';


Do you know what vet I could go to for my guinea piggy in pain? (She's had it for a while and every vet I find says cats and dogs.) HELP!


PS. I accidentally put the same kind of question on reptiles, oops!My guinea pig has bumble foot (pretty much a growth on it's foot). What good vet should I go to?
The type of vet that specializes in guinea pigs, rat, and other small animals is called an exotic vet. Try searching the Internet for exotic vets in your area where you live.My guinea pig has bumble foot (pretty much a growth on it's foot). What good vet should I go to?
I dont know what area you live in. As it requires surgery possibly and under anaesthetic, phone a local vet. most will deal with guinea pigs, but make sure they know what there doing, as most seem to specialize in cats and dogs more,








good luck!
Contact your local SPCA. They are in contact with all kinds of animal rescue organizations. The animal rescue groups know where to obtain vet care for the specific types of animals that they rescue.





I am talking about places like this--http://www.mgpr.org/





See if your local animal shelter is familiar with something of the kind in your area. They will know where a vet is that works on guinea pigs or the person that runs the rescue group may even be a vet themself.
Go to a vet that specializes in exotics. On google search ';Exotic vets in (your state or where ever you live)'; and that's where you will find the vets. Most vets only specialize in cats and dogs but there are ones that specialize in exotics. (which include rodents)
go into ur nearest vet, they shouldnt refuse u because they dnt see guinea pigs, if its a growth get there as soon as u can

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse