Monday, June 21, 2010

How do I lift up my 1 block of my sidewalk , as it is sunken down after a mess of bumble bees got under .?

Sidewalk, is between borough line, and my line. This happened last year Bees was on borough line , They sprayed, killed them ,Hopefully Now what can I do , to get it back up, It is in good very shape,How do I lift up my 1 block of my sidewalk , as it is sunken down after a mess of bumble bees got under .?
This is what I did to raise a 4 foot section of brick walkway that sunk. I dug out underneath at the low end until I could fit 2 pieces of 2 x 6 and a jack. Place a piece of 2 x 6 on the ground, place the jack on top of the wood then place a piece of 2 x 6 on top of the jack to distribute the pressure of the jack without sinking in the ground or cracking the concrete. Jack up the section until it is level or slightly higher than the surrounding concrete. Now place bricks or rocks under the concrete to support it. Use plenty of these to support the sidewalk sufficiently. Lower the jack and see if it maintains the desired height. If you are confident that it is stable, remove the jack and wood and pack the areas around the bricks or rocks with dirt or concrete. I used dirt and it has stayed level for years now.How do I lift up my 1 block of my sidewalk , as it is sunken down after a mess of bumble bees got under .?
i use a 5 ft. spud bar to raise one side and then block it up...spread some sand evenly under it and let it back down...once a slab is broken loose from the ground, you run the risk of it cracking in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse