Monday, June 21, 2010

I have large bumble bees drilling holes in my cedar ceiling on my deck. How can I get rid of the bees?

I use an anti-aircraft gun. Don't kill many bees, but the gun powder smell keeps them away.I have large bumble bees drilling holes in my cedar ceiling on my deck. How can I get rid of the bees?
These are carpenter bee's. You can stop them with masking tape over the holes and fly ribbons around a blacklight. These bees are like migrant birds in that they remember thier nests. Break that cycle early and give them an alternative. They are benificial and deserve an alternate 'sacrificial ' nesting sight. A wrotted log that is upright and solid is ideal in a down-wind location with some sun-light. No wind locations are the best in spring-time. They do function to pollinate many plants. They are not aggressive to most mamals who move on.I have large bumble bees drilling holes in my cedar ceiling on my deck. How can I get rid of the bees?
I would suggest spraying starter fluid in the holes and then get wasp and hornet spray all over the part of the deck where they are drilling. Unfortunately they will come back and you will have to do this regularly
carpenter bees-harmless other then drilling- if you love mother nature add a piece of old wood in area they are drilling then- fill in unwanted holes with putty they should use old wood-other the that kill with fly swatter
r u sure that their not carpenter bees they look almost identical just not aggressive ?
I wait until the evening then fill the holes with caulking after they come home. Works!
Spray some brake clean on em. Works every time.
paint it they want drill anymore!!!!!!!
Raid Home %26amp; Garden (but be sure to read the label)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse