Monday, November 30, 2009

Any tips to safely get rid of bumble bees?

We have a group of the large, fat bumble bees making themselves at home on our porch. They are climbing in a tiny hole that leads to the rain drainage pipes on our roof...


I don't want to necessarily kill them, as bees play a vital role in our environment, but I don't want them swarming around my head all summer either!


Does anyone have a practical and effective advice to get rid of them, without being stung to death?


If I must kill them, I am willing...


Thanks!Any tips to safely get rid of bumble bees?
If they are truly Bumble Bees, then check your area for a bee keeper who may want them. From what you have said, they are probably yellow jackets, wasps or hornets. If they are, this is how I get rid of them. Buy a can of wasp %26amp; hornet spray that shoots a long distance. At dusk %26amp; at a distance quickly spray the bees that are guards outside the opening, then soak the opening %26amp; I mean soak the opening with the spray. The wasps outside the opening are guards %26amp; must be taken out first or they will attack you. Have your door open to get inside. In the last 3 years I've destroyed 15 hornet nests.Any tips to safely get rid of bumble bees?
Don't call a beekeeper they will laugh at you. bumble bees make VERY LITTLE honey, honey bees can make hundreds of pounds of honey a year, bumble bees make ounces. Don't worry about them affecting the environment if it was a honey bee hive that would be different, i have honey bees and i hate bumble bees; we take a tennis racket a hit them, i have never been stung by one and i have killed a lot.
well lil lady,when i moved into my house it started with mud wasps,then bumble bees ,then hornets all in a 5 year span. like you its a waste to just kill a ';part of the food chain';. I got a bird feeder to attract the local bird(red finch) %26amp; made sure they had safe nest spots. so the next time someone tries 2 talk about the birds %26amp; the bees - Har Har!. good luck.
You might want to call an area apiary. They might be able to suggest something - or even come and get them.





I just did a google search for my province and 'apiary' and got a lot of hits.





Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse