Sunday, November 29, 2009

What kind of bumble bee is this?

it is the ones that are big and have puffy yellow and black stripes. I thought they were called ';bumble bees'; opposed to your typical yellow jackets. Does anyone know the actual name of the bee so that I can research it?What kind of bumble bee is this?
Its either a bumblebee or a honey bee





wikipedia





I am actually positive it is a bumblebee





why do u wanna research it?What kind of bumble bee is this?
There are about 20000 species of bees worldwide. I'm no expert, but you may if fact be talking about a Carpenter Bee, they are much bigger and puffier than the average bee. As I said I'm no expert though. Here's a link to a website that may be of help to you, it has pictures and descriptions of all the common classifications of bees.





link : http://www.everythingabout.net/articles/biology/animals/arthropods/insects/bees/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse