Sunday, November 29, 2009

How much years of practice would it take me to play Flight of the Bumble Bee on the trumpet?

I'm an average player and i really want to play this piece. But not only is it fast but really high. I can only hit a triple B with some consistency and the c above that occasionally. So what can I do. Also is it even possible.How much years of practice would it take me to play Flight of the Bumble Bee on the trumpet?
you know what the best clarinetists in the world-maxine ramey and buddy defranco told me?


practice a song measure by measure, backwards-meaning start with the last measure playing it slowly until it is perfect,then speed it up, then go to the measure before it.


but you can still also practice it the ';normal way.';


if you do this i bet you can get it down in, say, 8 months?


I know you can do it-email me and tell me how it goes!


blueserenades@yahoo.comHow much years of practice would it take me to play Flight of the Bumble Bee on the trumpet?
I'm assuming you don't have a trumpet teacher.





You NEED a teacher. At the risk of sounding cliche, a good teacher will open up a whole new world to your playing. It's like trying to teach yourself mathematics from the ground up by yourself -- do you really think you can do it? You need guidance. Sure, you might be able to figure out some basics, but a teacher can show you the intricate workings of the laws of mathematics and take you up all the way through calculus.





A common misconception is that you don't need a teacher because everyone can teach himself. This is not true. It is nearly impossible to teach yourself to play an instrument. The difference is as big as going to school vs. not going to school.





My suggestion would be to call up the local universities, conservatory, and even music shops and ask what trumpet teachers they can recommend - try out the best one and see how you like it.





All that being said, if you attempt a very difficult piece like this by yourself, and you are an ';average'; player that doesn't even take lessons, I doubt it will EVER sound good. That might not be what you wanted to hear, but that's my assessment.
Your just gonna have to practice is the best I can tell you. Your range seems decent, and I'm not sure how fast you can play. What I do when I play runs and fast notes is I start it and then add a note each time and gradually increase the tempo. That should help you get the run. Also to get your notes higher practice scales as many times as you can to hit the notes. Hope I could help!
Well lets see an average player practicing apprx. 2 hrs a day for 5 months in a leap year.......


That would be 323 x 41 x sqaure root of 256.3231 divided by pie, less than or equal to the speed of light in a vacum...... rounding down.....around 4 years.





Honestly what kind of answer do you expect, every1 is different and it all comes down to how much you practice and how efficient is your practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse