Sunday, November 29, 2009

Where do people get the idea that bumble bees don't sting?

I saw on here that bumble bees don't sting, and I know they do, I know people who have been stung by them. And they were bumble bees too, not carpenter bees.





Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of them, I have some at the back of my house.Where do people get the idea that bumble bees don't sting?
Get a hornet/yellow jacket trap at any home store. It is a plastic container with a colored lid. Throw some sugar water in it, bees/hornets go in, but don't come out. Rinse and reuse.Where do people get the idea that bumble bees don't sting?
Call the bug man, or have someone from a honey farm come to rid you place of them.
I've been stung by a bumble bee near my eye... I don't understand all these ';Bumble bees don't sting'; claims everyone hears about.





In response to the trap thing, I would completely advise against it. We used to get a ton of Japanese beetles and had traps for those.... but the stuff used to attract them also attracted the beetles from all the neighboring yards too.... and beetles (or in your case bees) have to travel through somewhere (your backyard) to get to the trap... you'll end up with a ton more buzzing overhead.





Call an exterminator or whoever it is that takes care of outside bugs, and have them spray and also remove any nests that are around.





.....or if you're anything like my boyfriend is, take a few Super Soakers to their nests. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse