Sunday, November 29, 2009

How long can Bumble bees last without food or water?

20 of them are buzzing in my garage, and are aggressive. I sealed off the hole they were entering, and now they're trapped. If I go in there they will probably sting me. I was wondering if they will simply starve to death or if they can last for weeks on end? It's already been one week and they seem to be alive and well.How long can Bumble bees last without food or water?
Contrary to popular opinion, bumblebees can sting, but usually only when they're defending their nest. On the off-chance that their nest is in your garage, I'd wait another week or two... They can't live that long without food %26amp; water.





If you're in a hurry, use smoke. You can make a smoke bomb (see link), or use a barbecue grill. Soak some wood bits in water overnight, place them on hot charcoal, and push the grill into the garage. Give it 10-15 minutes, remove the grill, then enter with a fly swatter. The bees will all be on the floor, drunk. Don't forget to check around for a nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse