Sunday, November 29, 2009

How do i stop bumble bees from eating holes in my rafters?

the bumble bees eat holes in the wood,how do I stop thisHow do i stop bumble bees from eating holes in my rafters?
Follow this link from the University of Missouri:http://extension.missouri.edu/explore/ag鈥?/a>How do i stop bumble bees from eating holes in my rafters?
They are carpenter bees, not bumble bees. We used to catch and play with them when I was a child. I was told that the ones with the white spot on the head could not sting so I never tried to catch the ones with solid black heads. However, they may not sting either. While they do drill holes in wood, they also pollinate flowers and crops. I would leave them alone. You can cover the rafters with polyethylene to make them find another home.
I think you need an exterminator. You could try some home remedies like smoke or spray but I think you will save a lot of aggravation if you let a professional do it.


Let them get stung.
get your home professionally sprayed. The store bought stuff has nothing on the professional brands

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse