Sunday, November 29, 2009

With honey becoming scarce, Is it practicle to raise bumble bees for polination ?

I realizr their honey is nnot good, but for the past few years I have seen lots of bumble bees in my garden and not many honey bees. One day we may be glasd to see the killer bees. Who knows?With honey becoming scarce, Is it practicle to raise bumble bees for polination ?
I doubt its very practical to do on a small scale, but I would think there is some way that it could work.





I think its scary that one day there could be no more bees in the worldWith honey becoming scarce, Is it practicle to raise bumble bees for polination ?
The shortage of honey is being caused by a virus that is sweeping the world and killing the bees.





We would have to develop a bee that is resistant to the virus, but I guess we maybe have bigger problems to solve.
Bumble bees have much smaller colonies than honeybees do. We're talking hundreds vs tens of thousands. We can encourage them for pollination but raising them for honey would not be practical.
The bees have come up missing for reasons unknown. The science world is trying to figure it out.
Yepper, considering we need the bees to pollinate the flowers for our food to grow....or what is left of our food growth.
:D
fresh honey is good and better
hmmm...I don't know, but I'm scared of all bees.
we'r not even suppose to take their poor honey! we are theifs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse